Bulk uploading tracking data for your various couriers provides you with a quick and easy solution for tracking couriers without having to add the tracking code to each order manually.
Here is a handy guide to getting the process started.
In order to get started with uploading your tracking data in bulk, you must first login to your admin centre. From there locate Order Dispatch under the Warehouse heading.
Order Dispatch Queue
- From the Order Dispatch page, hover the mouse over the “Shipments” tab.
- In the drop down menu, select Upload Tracking.
The bulk uploader screen contains all the basic information you might need to ensure you input the correct data.
- You must have either a Cloud Commerce Pro order ID or an order reference from an external channel, such as Amazon or eBay, that is linked with your account.
- Couriers use unique tracking numbers to follow and identify all parcels.
- The courier type, such as DPD or Royal Mail, tells the system which company to use.
Collecting Your Data
You can copy the four required fields from a spreadsheet or where ever is most convenient.
Copying Data Into The Uploader
- Paste your tracking data into the uploader. Don’t worry about the formatting or any extra fields that might have copied over, as the system will filter these out. However, you must ensure abbreviated courier names such as DPD and UPS are in upper case.
- Click Analyze to let the system process the data and validate it.
Check Your Data Before Uploading
- After the data has been analyzed you will be shown a table containing all the data you entered. This example shows a green tick in the Valid column to show there are no issues with the entry.
- In this example the entry has failed validation as shown by the red cross in the Valid column. This allows you to easily spot a mistake, so you can go back to your data and find it. In this case the Order Reference was incorrect.
- Once you’ve entered all the data correctly and everything is showing as valid, you can go ahead and click confirm to begin the upload.
A dialogue box will confirm the upload has been successful. Click OK to go back to your dispatch queue, ready for the next task at hand.