The order dispatch view is one of the most commonly used areas within Cloud Commerce Pro. It’s here that you will dispatch all your orders (unless you use our specialist warehouse view called Packing Station). The order dispatch view is a centralised view of all orders from every selling channel setup in CCP.
Watch a short video showing the Order Dispatch view here:
To enter the dispatch queue click the Order Dispatch button on your main menu:
The Orders number shows how many orders you have to dispatch. If you apply any filters the number is updated to reflect the orders to dispatch after the filter is applied:
Products show the total number of products to dispatch contained in the current view:
If you click on the 1-Click Batch button you can view your recent batches:
In the Actions menu you can perform many tasks for Shipping, Picking and Dispatch. These tasks apply to orders you have select from the queue so you should always select the orders you wish to act on before selecting the menu in the actions lists.
- Re-Calculate Couriers – This calculates and applies courier rules to the selected orders. It is useful if you have made some changes to your rules and wish to update multiple orders.
- Apply Courier Rule – Apply a courier rule to selected orders without best fit calculation.
- Delivery Date – Change the expected delivery date for the selected orders.
- Order Fulfilment – Dispatch non-Amazon orders using your FBA stock.
- Allocate Orders – Allocate stock to the selected orders.
- Dropship Analysis – Analyse the selected orders for Dropship dispatches.
- Advanced Dropship Analysis – Partially dropship and self-dispatch orders simultaneously.
- Picking Locations – Determine the warehouse locations where orders should be picked from.
- 1-Click Dispatch – Pick, Pack and Print your orders in a single operation.
- Multi Order Dispatch – Brings up the Multi Order Dispatch options and allows you to mark orders as dispatched, update channels, send signals to couriers and more. See the section on Multi Order Dispatch
- Grouped Shipments – Allows you to combine two or more orders to the same person and re-calculates and re-applies the courier rules to the combined order. – See the section called Combine Shipments
- Print Invoices – This option allows you to print copy invoices for the select orders. This does not change the picked or dispatched status.
- CSV Shipment. This allows you to create a CSV file with a number of orders in to to upload to your courier if they do not support full integration. Cloud Commerce Pro can also supply you an additional software package to automatically upload these files periodically to your courier if you require it.
You can filter the dispatch view on a number of criteria, including their dispatched status and which channel the order was sold on, or which courier they are due to be dispatched with.
We may be able to add other filters if you require them. Please let your Project Manager know what you require.
Choose from various statuses including picked, not printed, prioritised and many more.
You can also select from various periods for completed orders.
Or choose between trade or retail orders if you do both.
Or pick from any of your individual shipping rules. This list will reflect your shipping rules only.
If you use a multi warehouse solution, then filter between products in each warehouse, or even each sales channel that the order was placed on.
Click the shipments view to see a handful of option on all orders you have completed…
and each of your couriers will be shown with a summary of the orders and their average weights etc.
Choose Print Selected to print pick lists for the chosen orders. Note this will also mark the orders as “Printed”.
You can also text filter on orders. The text filter can search for products, postage rules and customer names plus much more.
Note this initially only looks through incomplete orders. If it doesn’t find the filtered item it will offer you the choice of searching through completed orders.
You can switch between the orders view that shows all orders separately or products view that combines orders by the products they contain and advises how many of each you need to pick.
In products view you can also expand the individual product to show which orders are affected.
When you print a pick list in this view it will be a list of orders combined by products.
In the orders view if there is a problem dispatching an order it will be highlighted under the order in a red panel. Click the panel to get more details why the order didn’t dispatch and correct the issue.
If your order cannot dispatch because the courier requires a weight for the item but you have not provided CCP with the weight, you can fix the problem both for this and future orders by clicking the cog [icon name=”cog” class=”” unprefixed_class=””].
The weights panel pops up. You can change the base weight of the rule which means that if this rule fires in the future, CCP will enter a minimum weight even if you haven’t applied a weight to the product.
You can also update the weights to any products on the order and if the product is part of a range of products you can update all products in the range at the same time by clicking the range option.
You can select a different postage rule if the one applied is not the one you want to use for this order. Please note this just changes the postage selected for this order only and will only offer rules that still meet the criteria of the order. For example if the order weighs over 1kg, you will not be offered a courier service that only accepts orders up to 100 grams.
Once you click on the current rule selected you can choose a different appropriate rule.
You can also create a “product rule” by clicking the create rule option. A product rule will always override normal rules.
We strongly recommend that you use product rules very sparingly. It would be impractical and slow for your system to have an individual rule for each product. Cloud Commerce Pro is extremely sophisticated and can apply rules based on many criteria (Creating Shipping Rules) but in the event you have a certain product or combination of products you always want to use different rules you can then apply a product rule.
To create a product rule select the Courier required:
…and then the Service from that courier:
You can apply the rule for just one product or from 1 to 10, for example.
You can also sets costs per item. (CCP will choose the lowest cost rule if two rules match other criteria).
You can set if you require additional package labels if required and also, if this rule applies to the whole range of products,as well as if the item is required. This means you can say one item is required and a second item is optional. The rule would then fire even if it only contained the required item or the required item, plus the optional ones.
You can view a summary of the product on the order and click a link to go directly to the inventory screen for that product.
In this order you can see that the item was sold on a UK based channel to be shipped to the USA. You only see two flags when the dispatch destination country differs from the home country set for the sales channel.
Click the Details button to see an order detail screen:
Please see our video tutorials or speak to your project manager for further training on the dispatch view.
On the Order Details screen you can perform many tasks including:
1. Manually entering the number of items dispatched.
2. Enter notes and references.
3. Select a different courier.
4. Make the order a priority to move it to your urgent section.
5. Change the address the order is to be sent to.
6. Print an invoice manually.
7. Go to the order screen in the customer record.
8. Un-allocate the stock from this order to release it for another order.
9. Print a picking list and mark the order as picked.
10. Partially dispatch the order to send a shipment and leave open.
11. Mark the order as completed (please note if you do this and have not dispatched all the items the order will still move into the completed orders).