This guide will walk you through the process of adding new customers and companies on the customer screen in Cloud Commerce Pro.
You can do this if you are wanting to do a one off order for a customer that hasn't been automatically generated in the system when ordering, or if you are taking a telephone order.
Please see our overview guide of the customer screen for a more general introduction to this area of Cloud Commerce Pro.
1. Admin Centre
From the admin centre in Cloud Commerce Pro, click "My Customers".
2. Customer / Company List
On the customer / company list screen, click "Add Customer".
3. New Customer Details
A dialogue box will pop up so you can enter the details of your new customer.
- Enter your customer name or company name if you are dealing with a business.
- Use the Cloud Commerce Pro international address search to find your customers full address. You can enter a postcode or just start typing the address and you will see the list instantly narrow down to appropriate addresses after just a few characters.
- Enter an email address for your customer. This address will be used for communication and to send invoices to. In the case of a business customer, this will act as a general admin address. You can add additional addresses to the business once the customer is created.
You can also fill in other optional details such as telephone numbers, fax numbers or the customers EORI (Economic Operators Registration and Identification number).
4. New Customer Details Continued
- Select the sales channel you want to assign your new customer to. All activated sales channels will show in the drop down box.
- The customer type can be "Retail" which is suitable for most retail businesses and customers, "Trade" for wholesale suppliers selling goods to trade customers or "Agent" which sets a customer as a sub agent of your business and allows them to have their own customers under your brand.
- VAT number and EU VAT exemption are required if you are selling to other territories in the EU.
- Set an Agent if you wish to create this customer as a sub customer of one of your agents.
- The bank account is usually set to "Current", but you may wish to attribute payments from this customer to other bank accounts.
You can now click "Save" or "Save And Add Order". Depending on your choice at the end of the wizard, the screen will either close or continue on to enter an order for this customer.
5. Payment Terms
After saving your customers details, you will be prompted to set their payment terms.
- Choose between various credit options, cash on delivery, direct debit or full payment in advance.
- If you choose a credit term, use the text box provided to set the credit limit for this customer.
- Once you're happy click "Save" to end the process or, depending on the option selected earlier, continue to add an order.
Please note, if you set credit terms and place any orders they will immediately go into the dispatch queue. However, if you set "Full Payment Before Dispatch", the orders will not enter the dispatch queue unless they have a full payment entered against them or a credit note/discount of the invoice total.
Once complete, you will be met by confirmation that your new customer has been added to the system.
7. Customer List
You will now find your new customer in the customer list as shown below.
8. Detailed Guides
Click the links below for detailed guides on how to use each function of the customer screen.