If you already have your test details from DPD, you can click on the link below to add your credentials then proceed to step 4 of this guide.
If you already have live details for DPD, you can skip the testing phase and add these details directly. To do this, click on the link below to add your credentials then proceed to step 10 of this guide:
Connecting a DPD Account
1. Go to Settings > Channel Management > Shipping Channels:
2. From the drop-down menu on the top right of the page, select “DPD” then click on the Add button:
3. You'll be presented with a form that requests your connection details from DPD, which are needed so that ChannelGrabber can integrate with your existing account. Please populate the required “DPD Account Information”, tick into any domestic and/or international DPD services that you use and then enter your DPD “Account Holder” details and click on the Submit Request button at the bottom of the page:
Once DPD have processed your request, they will email you with your test account details. These will be used to print out some test labels which will need to be approved before you are able to generate live shipments for your orders via ChannelGrabber.
Adding Your Test Details to ChannelGrabber and Submitting Labels for Approval
4. Navigate to Settings > Channel Management > Shipping Channels. The status on the DPD profile will be “Pending”. Please toggle the “Enable” switch for DPD from “OFF” to “ON”:
5. Please enter your test DPD Client Name, Account Number, SLID, From Parcel Number, To Parcel Number and Authorisation Code as provided by DPD, and leave the “Are these live credentials?” box un-ticked for now, then click on the Link Account button:
6. When in test mode in ChannelGrabber, you will see a link to "Download TEST_PACK_LABELS.ZIP" when managing your DPD account. Please click onto this link to open the zip folder:
Inside the zip folder, you will find two documents, a PDF file called "TEST_PACK_LABELS" which contains a set of test labels that you can print onto your chosen label stationary, and a manifest file, with a filename such as "01247268-001.201" for example, which you can email to the person at DPD who is dealing with your integration.
Important Note: When printing the labels, please ensure "Dithering" is set to off in your printer settings (this is the most common reason for labels to be rejected by DPD). Dithering can be found within the print dialogue options and is usually defaulted to "Halftone" but needs to be set to "None". Labels should also be printed landscape instead of the default portrait.
DPD themselves have said: we would advise customers to amend the print settings of the thermal printer so that the bars are not bleeding into one another, which inevitably causes a failed scan grade. If the customers could possibly print several test labels using varied speed settings and note the reading/settings used, on the back of each label, this would be very helpful in making it more likely for the labels to be approved the first time around, without the need for multiple physical test packs to be sent by the customer.
7. The first label from the test pack that you print should be stuck on an envelope with the rest of the labels placed inside. You will need to add postage and send directly to DPD using the address they provide for test labels.
8. Once DPD have approved your test labels and manifest, they will email you with your live account details. When you have received these, please go to Settings > Channel Management > Shipping Channels and on the DPD profile, click the Manage link:
9. Click on the Renew Connection button:
10. Enter your new LIVE account details and this time, make sure you tick the “Are these live credentials?” box, then click on the Link Account button to finalise the connection:
11. The final step is to check your DPD account settings, to specify a “Display Name” and which Trading Company you are printing DPD labels for, then click the Save button:
Once saved, you can move into any other area of your ChannelGrabber account to continue with your daily tasks.
Creating & Printing Labels
If you have not already set up Shipping Aliases then we recommend that you do this first to make the shipping process more efficient/automated.
Then you can follow one of these guides depending on what kind of stationery/printer you are using for your labels:
Generating a DPD Manifest
It is crucial that you send the manifest to DPD via ChannelGrabber, as that is what books the labels in with DPD and ensures that they have all the correct delivery data.
Each day when you have finished processing your DPD labels in ChannelGrabber, you need to click the Ship > Manifests button:
A small pop-up will then appear to allow you to choose which courier to manifest (if you have more than one that can be manifested through CG) so just select DPD and click the Generate button:
This will then submit your manifest digitally to DPD.
If you need to find records of labels created via CG on DPD's side you can follow this process in your DPD system:
Deliveries > Search > Specify Account > Select date range > Click search