Enable stock management to let ChannelGrabber synchronise your stock levels across all your sales channels
Why would you want to do this?
- Automated stock management is more accurate than a human-based system
- Reduces oversells by ending all listings when the last item is sold anywhere
- Make use of advanced stock rules
Getting ready to enable stock management
By now you should have matching SKUs and your products imported into ChannelGrabber. If this is not the case refer back to these guides:
What are SKU’s? SKU’s explained
Checking your stock levels
At this point your products will have been imported with whatever stock was held on your sales channel.
If your stock levels are inaccurate you should take this opportunity to do a full stock take. ChannelGrabber can only manage your stock effectively if the stock levels are correct when you turn on stock management.
You can check and update your stock levels in bulk by using the Stock Export/Import feature
1) Go to the Products page
2) Click Stock Export
3) Save the spreadsheet to your computer
4) Update the Qty column in the spreadsheet to the correct value
5) Use the Stock Import button to import the spreadsheet with the new values. There are three import modes available to use
Set Stock Level: This will overwrite the stock levels in ChannelGrabber with the values in your spreadsheet. This should be used when doing a stock take/reconciliation like we are now.
Add to Stock Level: This will add the stock levels from your spreadsheet to the ones in ChannelGrabber. This should be used when you have received new stock and the spreadsheet contains how many you have received.
Remove from stock level: This will take reduce your stock by the amount in the spreadsheet.
Enabling Stock Management
Before continuing check the following:
- All the listings you want us to stock manage are imported into ChannelGrabber
- All listings of the same product use the same SKU
- Each product has its own unique SKU not used by any other product
- Your stock levels are 100% accurate
If any of the above points are not true, do not turn on stock management yet. Mistakes at this stage can result in listings ending early or oversells months down the line. Provided you have followed our guides fully, you are ready to turn on Stock Management.
- Go to Settings
- Click the Stock Management button
- Read the pop-up carefully and confirm that you are happy to proceed
- Repeat for all channels you want us to send stock updates to
- ChannelGrabber is now your stock controller and all stock updates should take place here
Things to Remember
- Once stock management is turned on, ChannelGrabber will become your main stock controller. Stock changes should be done through ChannelGrabber and not directly on the Marketplace or Webstore.
- If you use any other stock control system, you should disable it as having more than one active at once can cause unpredictable results.