The ChannelGrabber message centre allows you to manage all your eBay and Amazon messages in one central place.
Setting Up the Message Centre
The message centre will work automatically for any connected eBay accounts, however there are a few more steps involved when connecting your Amazon account. Please see our other article on Connecting Your Amazon Messages for help on how to do this.
As well as customer messages, ChannelGrabber can also download any messages you receive from eBay directly, such as notifications about your account, or messages related to the resolution centre. To enable or disable the download of these messages, navigate to Settings > Channel Management > Sales Channels and click on Manage on your connected eBay account then select the option to "Import messages that are sent from eBay Inc".
Reading, Replying and Resolving Messages
To access the Message Centre, click on the Messages icon on the navigation bar:
By default, you will be shown any open messages. Open messages are messages which require a reply. You can sort your Open messages by the date received by either Newest to Oldest or Oldest to Newest. To do this, click on the small arrow in the Date section:
At the top of the page, you will see an option for Resolved messages - these are messages which have been replied to and resolved:
You can also search for a message by entering your search term (customer name etc.) and clicking on the Search button:.
Viewing a Message
To view a message, click on any message. The details of the message will be shown in the pane on the right of the page.
- At the top of the page, you will see what would normally be the subject line of the email.
- You are shown the total number of orders which have been placed by the person sending the message. Clicking on this text will take to to the orders page - which will be filtered to show all the orders from the buyer.
- Print your messages by clicking on the Print Message link. This will print the single message on a single page.
- Details about the sender of the message and the actual message.
- This is where you would reply to the message. Enter your reply in the box and click on send. This will send the message to the buyer.
Resolving Amazon Messages
With Amazon Messages there is an extra option to Resolve the message when replying. Resolving a message, marks it as "no reply needed" on Amazon