How to add Weights & Dimensions to Products
Why would you want to do this?
- Store useful data on your products for future use
- Save yourself time by not having to enter any information when printing labels
- Have your 'package types' automatically selected
Add as you go
First thing to note here is you don't have to add your weights and dimensions in advance. ChannelGrabber will ask you for the weight and dimensions of your products when you produce a shipping label, and will then save that information so you only need to fill it once.
If however, you would like to do this in advance and get it out the way ...
Adding through the interface
- Navigate to the product page
- Select the 'Dimensions' Tab
- Begin keying in the relevant information for that product
Adding via bulk upload
- Download this template (it is crucial that you do NOT change, re-organise or remove any of the headers, even if you don't use every column)
- Enter the SKUs of all of the items you want to upload dimensions for
- You can leave the product name blank or enter it, it will not change the product name within the system
- Enter the Total Stock as 0 for every item (We will tell the system to 'add 0' to your existing stock levels, avoiding any stock changes)
- Then add the weights (kg) & dimensions (cm) to alongside each product
- The file format always needs to be set as CSV (Comma Delimited) when you are saving your files for importing to ChannelGrabber.
- Go to the product page, select 'Stock Import', select 'Add to stock level' and then choose the file before hitting 'confirm'